- How dangerous is COVID-19?
- Why physical activity is important during COVID-19?
- Can COVID-19 be transmitted through food?
- Can the coronavirus spread via feces?
- How long should I exercise for in self-quarantine?
- Is it safe to wear a mask while working out for protection against COVID-19?
- What is the recovery time for the coronavirus disease?
- Can COVID-19 be transmitted through feces or urine?
- What are some suggestions to keep adults active during COVID-19?
- Is headache a symptom of the coronavirus disease?
- Can I breastfeed my child if I am severely ill with coronavirus disease?
- Can coronavirus disease spread through raw food?
- Can you get the coronavirus disease from touching contaminated surfaces?
- Should coronavirus disease patients be isolated in hospitals?
- Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted in hot or humid climates?
- What food should you avoid during COVID-19?
- Can drinking alcohol help in preventing COVID-19?
- Does heat prevent COVID-19?
How dangerous is COVID-19?
Although for most people COVID-19 causes only mild illness, it can make some people very ill.
More rarely, the disease can be fatal.
Older people, and those with pre- existing medical conditions (such as high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes) appear to be more vulnerable..
Why physical activity is important during COVID-19?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, when so many of us are very restricted in our movements, it is even more important for people of all ages and abilities to be as active as possible. Even a short break from sitting, by doing 3-5 minutes of physical movement, such as walking or stretching, will help ease muscle strain, relieve mental tension and improve blood circulation and muscle activity. Regular physical activity can also help to give the day a routine and be a way of staying in contact with family and friends.
Can COVID-19 be transmitted through food?
There is currently no evidence that people can catch COVID-19 from food. The virus that causes COVID-19 can be killed at temperatures similar to that of other known viruses and bacteria found in food.
Can the coronavirus spread via feces?
There is some evidence that COVID-19 infection may lead to intestinal infection and be present in faeces. However, to date only one study has cultured the COVID-19 virus from a single stool specimen. There have been no reports of faecal−oral transmission of the COVID-19 virus to date.
How long should I exercise for in self-quarantine?
WHO recommends 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activity per week for adults, or a combination of both. The guidance is intended for people in self-quarantine without any symptoms or diagnosis of acute respiratory illness.
Is it safe to wear a mask while working out for protection against COVID-19?
People should NOT wear masks when exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably. Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms.
What is the recovery time for the coronavirus disease?
Using available preliminary data, the median time from onset to clinical recovery for mild cases is approximately 2 weeks and is 3-6 weeks for patients with severe or critical disease.
Can COVID-19 be transmitted through feces or urine?
SARS-CoV-2 RNA has also been detected in other biological samples, including the urine and feces of some patients. One study found viable SARS-CoV-2 in the urine of one patient. Three studies have cultured SARS-CoV-2 from stool specimens. To date, however, there have been no published reports of transmission of SARS-CoV-2 through feces or urine.
What are some suggestions to keep adults active during COVID-19?
• Climb up the stairs as much as you can, think of it as an opportunity to be active.• Use household chores as a way to be more physical activity.• Join in an online exercise class or make up your own routine to music you enjoy that uses the major muscle groups and raises you heart rate.•Do some muscle strengthening activities such as lifting weights or improvise using full bottles of water or simply use your own body weight and do sets of press ups, sit ups and squats. • Make time for fun, such as dancing to music.
Is headache a symptom of the coronavirus disease?
The virus can cause a range of symptoms, from ranging from mild illness to pneumonia. Symptoms of the disease are fever, cough, sore throat and headaches.
Can I breastfeed my child if I am severely ill with coronavirus disease?
If you are severely ill with COVID-19 or suffer from other complications that prevent you from caring for your infant or continuing direct breastfeeding, express milk to safely provide breastmilk to your infant.If you are too unwell to breastfeed or express breastmilk, you should explore the possibility of relactation (restarting breastfeeding after a gap), wet nursing (another woman breastfeeding or caring for your child), or using donor human milk.
Can coronavirus disease spread through raw food?
As a general rule, the consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, raw milk or raw animal organs should be handled with care to avoid cross- contamination with uncooked foods.
Can you get the coronavirus disease from touching contaminated surfaces?
When someone who has COVID-19 coughs or exhales they release droplets of infected fluid. Most of these droplets fall on nearby surfaces and objects – such as desks, tables or telephones. People could catch COVID-19 by touching contaminated surfaces or objects – and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
Should coronavirus disease patients be isolated in hospitals?
WHO advises that all confirmed cases, even mild cases, should be isolated in health facilities, to prevent transmission and provide adequate care.But we recognize that many countries have already exceeded their capacity to care for mild cases in dedicated health facilities. In that situation, countries should prioritize older patients and those with underlying conditions.
Can the coronavirus disease be transmitted in hot or humid climates?
From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS, including areas with hot and humid weather. Regardless of climate, adopt protective measures if you live in, or travel to an area reporting COVID-19. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by frequently cleaning your hands. By doing this you eliminate viruses that may be on your hands and avoid infection that could occur by then touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
What food should you avoid during COVID-19?
• When cooking and preparing food, limit the amount of salt and high-sodium condiments (e.g. soy sauce and fish sauce). • Limit your daily salt intake to less than 5 g (approximately 1 teaspoon), and use iodized salt. • Avoid foods (e.g. snacks) that are high in salt and sugar. • Limit your intake of soft drinks or sodas and other drinks that are high in sugar (e.g. fruit juices, fruit juice concentrates and syrups, flavoured milks and yogurt drinks).• Choose fresh fruits instead of sweet snacks such as cookies, cakes and chocolate.
Can drinking alcohol help in preventing COVID-19?
Alcohol does not protect against COVID-19; access should be restricted during lockdown.
Does heat prevent COVID-19?
FACT: Exposing yourself to the sun or temperatures higher than 25°C DOES NOT protect you from COVID-19. You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19.